Friday, April 18, 2008

A Quote to chew on

What are your thoughts about this quote:

"We can do no great things, just small things with great love. It is not how much you do, but how much love you put into doing it."

What about this quote?

"Jesus never says to the poor, 'Come find the Church,' but he says to those of us in the church, 'Go into the world and find the poor, hungry, homeless, imprisoned,' Jesus in disguises."

So...what are your thoughts?

I've been re-thinking my view on the Church as a whole.

2 comments:

Ryan Guard said...

I think Shane Claiborne's gonna change the way you do life :) We should do coffee and talk books.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Ryan. Shane makes me really ponder things. I love the quotes, reminds me of my favorite quote from Helen Keller -
"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble."

It seems to me that we can want to change the world with HUGE things, but it's the little things that get us there. He who can't be trusted with the little, will never be trusted with the much. I think that applies to the amount with which we desire to change the world. Be faithful in the little things first.